One of the benefits of membership is the option to set up your
own group's website with its own address within the folkdance.nz domain. This
is called a "sub-domain".
You can then place on your website content that is additional
to any listings in the Classes and Events sections
There are some conditions. Those for non-profit organisations, events and
classes are listed below. Contact the webmaster for more information:
Note: If you're not on the webmaster's junk filter white list, you might get a message requesting to confirm
your e-mail. This does not mean the address
isn't working. If you do get one, just click 'reply' on
it and 'send'.
Requests by businesses may be considered, but will be subject to committee
approval. For commercial terms and conditions contact the webmaster.
Non-profit organisations, folkloric dance classes
For examples, look at ruritanians.folkdance.nz and farandol.folkdance.nz. Conditions:
- You or your group must be a member of Folk Dance New Zealand.
Click here for a
membership form! (Tip: print 2-sided, flip on short edge)
- The content must pertain to folkloric, cultural or ethnic
dance occurring in New Zealand.
- You are responsible for the content, i.e. what it says, supplying photos
/ graphics, etc.
- You are responsible for its promotion. However, a link will be provided
from the FDNZ website where it fits with existing content.
- You have a couple of options for design, construction and
maintenance of the website:
- You take full responsibility for design, construction
- FDNZ volunteers might be able to
construct and/or maintain your website if it is a few
you know what is to go on each, you're prepared
for service "as time permits", and it has no
scripting*. Money to help pay
for development machines and software would be
- You have a couple of options for hosting and technical support
of the website:
- You arrange hosting on a server with a fixed IP address unique to
- FDNZ can host the website if you're prepared for service "as
with no scripting support*, stays within certain space and
volume constraints, and it is strictly not-for-profit.
Money to help pay
for server equipment and software would be greatly appreciated, as this is donated by a member.
- The domain and sub-domain names remain the property of FDNZ.
- FDNZ reserves
the right to decline or withdraw service without giving a reason.
- You will be responsible for paying any costs incurred by FDNZ for domain
name set-up and maintenance, and any of the above services
requested by you.
- You will indemnify FDNZ and its members against any actions resulting
from content on your website.
* At this point in time, support for server-side scripting is not available. Therefore
feedback forms, databases, etc. are currently excluded.